Skype Limited Skype 5.2
Sure, Mac users love iChat and are warming up to FaceTime, but Skype is still an incredibly popular multi-platform audio and video calling platform. If you just can’t get enough of showing your face to people over the Internet, Skype’s newest version, Skype 5.2 (Free) is out and ready to go. Some of the “new” features may look familiar to Mac owners, but they’re all pretty useful.
What’s included in Skype 5.2? First, the call control bar now supports video—this means that you can minimize Skype and still keep your video chat going, which is perfect for when you’re trying to multitask. The other new feature, group screen sharing, does just what it says and is only available to those with Skype Premium subscriptions; they start at $4.49 a month with a one-year commitment. The membership also gives you unlimited calling, group video calling, live chat customer support, and a 25% savings on certain HD webcams. Skype remains available outside of the Mac App Store.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?