Skype Limited Skype 5.2
Sure, Mac users love iChat and are warming up to FaceTime, but Skype is still an incredibly popular multi-platform audio and video calling platform. If you just can’t get enough of showing your face to people over the Internet, Skype’s newest version, Skype 5.2 (Free) is out and ready to go. Some of the “new” features may look familiar to Mac owners, but they’re all pretty useful.
What’s included in Skype 5.2? First, the call control bar now supports video—this means that you can minimize Skype and still keep your video chat going, which is perfect for when you’re trying to multitask. The other new feature, group screen sharing, does just what it says and is only available to those with Skype Premium subscriptions; they start at $4.49 a month with a one-year commitment. The membership also gives you unlimited calling, group video calling, live chat customer support, and a 25% savings on certain HD webcams. Skype remains available outside of the Mac App Store.
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Apple to debut reversible USB Lightning cable?
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pako — Car Chase Simulator
- FLA cites Quanta for further Apple labor problems
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- Zagg Rugged Folio for iPad Air
- Lepow Pie X-Series Magnetic Power Bank and Case Combo
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today