Skype Limited Skype 5.2
Sure, Mac users love iChat and are warming up to FaceTime, but Skype is still an incredibly popular multi-platform audio and video calling platform. If you just can’t get enough of showing your face to people over the Internet, Skype’s newest version, Skype 5.2 (Free) is out and ready to go. Some of the “new” features may look familiar to Mac owners, but they’re all pretty useful.
What’s included in Skype 5.2? First, the call control bar now supports video—this means that you can minimize Skype and still keep your video chat going, which is perfect for when you’re trying to multitask. The other new feature, group screen sharing, does just what it says and is only available to those with Skype Premium subscriptions; they start at $4.49 a month with a one-year commitment. The membership also gives you unlimited calling, group video calling, live chat customer support, and a 25% savings on certain HD webcams. Skype remains available outside of the Mac App Store.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?