Snowmous Design Access IO
For a multitude of reasons, we rarely cover Kickstarter projects: there’s no certainty on funding or actual delivery of the product, so we usually wait until the concept becomes real and actually ships. But once in a while, we’ll see something that’s genuinely cool and likely to ship on time if it’s funded. Snowmous Design’s Access IO ($15+) is one such project. It solves one of the iMac’s main user experience issues by bringing one of its USB ports, along with the headphone port, to the front of your machine. You can choose from black or silver versions.
Made only to fit the new, thin iMacs released late in 2012, Access IO fits around the bottom edge of the computer, and stays in place without the need for adhesives or any other connectors. USB and audio passthroughs plug in to their respective ports, and then are routed to the front, making it much more convenient to connect headphones or accessories. The design makes a lot of sense, and adds functionality without taking away from the iMac’s aesthetics.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?