Snowmous Design Access IO
For a multitude of reasons, we rarely cover Kickstarter projects: there’s no certainty on funding or actual delivery of the product, so we usually wait until the concept becomes real and actually ships. But once in a while, we’ll see something that’s genuinely cool and likely to ship on time if it’s funded. Snowmous Design’s Access IO ($15+) is one such project. It solves one of the iMac’s main user experience issues by bringing one of its USB ports, along with the headphone port, to the front of your machine. You can choose from black or silver versions.
Made only to fit the new, thin iMacs released late in 2012, Access IO fits around the bottom edge of the computer, and stays in place without the need for adhesives or any other connectors. USB and audio passthroughs plug in to their respective ports, and then are routed to the front, making it much more convenient to connect headphones or accessories. The design makes a lot of sense, and adds functionality without taking away from the iMac’s aesthetics.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?