One of the key issues hardware and software engineers are dealing with these days is figuring out how to make sure your iPhone is charged when you need it to be. Softorino’s iBetterCharge (Free) is one of the more clever solutions we’ve seen. The simple app lets you know when the batteries in your devices have fallen to a certain level—50%, 20%, 10%, or 5%—so that you can plug it in and juice it up.
iBetterCharge doesn’t require any sort of additional set up. As long as your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch is set to backup over WiFi, it’ll show up in the menu bar drop-down list, displaying its current charge level. Then, when it reaches whatever percentage you choose, the app will play a sound, an animation, or show a notification. There’s also an option for letting you know when the devices are fully charged. The app makes a lot of sense for iPad users; since the batteries last so long, it’s easy to not notice when the charge is low and it’s time to plug them in.
- Apple redesigning third-party accessory packaging for its stores
- Apple aims to bring back Home Sharing for music in iOS 9
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?