One of the key issues hardware and software engineers are dealing with these days is figuring out how to make sure your iPhone is charged when you need it to be. Softorino’s iBetterCharge (Free) is one of the more clever solutions we’ve seen. The simple app lets you know when the batteries in your devices have fallen to a certain level—50%, 20%, 10%, or 5%—so that you can plug it in and juice it up.
iBetterCharge doesn’t require any sort of additional set up. As long as your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch is set to backup over WiFi, it’ll show up in the menu bar drop-down list, displaying its current charge level. Then, when it reaches whatever percentage you choose, the app will play a sound, an animation, or show a notification. There’s also an option for letting you know when the devices are fully charged. The app makes a lot of sense for iPad users; since the batteries last so long, it’s easy to not notice when the charge is low and it’s time to plug them in.
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Report: Apple acquires mobile imaging company LinX
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Apple Pay timeline in China unknown after negotiations stall
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Apple announces WWDC for June 8-12
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?