Sonnet Echo 15 Thunderbolt Dock
Thunderbolt docking stations have been promised for almost as long the technology has been around, but few have actually made it to market. We’re hoping Sonnet’s Echo 15 Thunderbolt Dock ($400-$550) is a different story: it’s up for pre-order now and slated to be released this summer. Compared to other models, this one packs a huge number of ports: 14 different connection options, plus an optical drive.
Sonnet gives users the choice of either a DVD or Blu-Ray drive, with the latter coming at a $50 premium. On the front are two USB 3.0 ports, plus audio in and out. Flip Echo 15 around and you’ll find two Thunderbolt ports, FireWire 800, a Gigabit Ethernet port, another pair of USB 3.0 slots, two eSATA ports, and additional audio in and out connections. There’s also a drive bay, allowing you to install a 2.5” or 3.5” drive. Sonnet will also pre-load a 2TB hard drive inside for an additional $100.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?