Sonnet Echo 15 Thunderbolt Dock
Thunderbolt docking stations have been promised for almost as long the technology has been around, but few have actually made it to market. We’re hoping Sonnet’s Echo 15 Thunderbolt Dock ($400-$550) is a different story: it’s up for pre-order now and slated to be released this summer. Compared to other models, this one packs a huge number of ports: 14 different connection options, plus an optical drive.
Sonnet gives users the choice of either a DVD or Blu-Ray drive, with the latter coming at a $50 premium. On the front are two USB 3.0 ports, plus audio in and out. Flip Echo 15 around and you’ll find two Thunderbolt ports, FireWire 800, a Gigabit Ethernet port, another pair of USB 3.0 slots, two eSATA ports, and additional audio in and out connections. There’s also a drive bay, allowing you to install a 2.5” or 3.5” drive. Sonnet will also pre-load a 2TB hard drive inside for an additional $100.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today