Sonnet Echo 15 Thunderbolt Dock
Thunderbolt docking stations have been promised for almost as long the technology has been around, but few have actually made it to market. We’re hoping Sonnet’s Echo 15 Thunderbolt Dock ($400-$550) is a different story: it’s up for pre-order now and slated to be released this summer. Compared to other models, this one packs a huge number of ports: 14 different connection options, plus an optical drive.
Sonnet gives users the choice of either a DVD or Blu-Ray drive, with the latter coming at a $50 premium. On the front are two USB 3.0 ports, plus audio in and out. Flip Echo 15 around and you’ll find two Thunderbolt ports, FireWire 800, a Gigabit Ethernet port, another pair of USB 3.0 slots, two eSATA ports, and additional audio in and out connections. There’s also a drive bay, allowing you to install a 2.5” or 3.5” drive. Sonnet will also pre-load a 2TB hard drive inside for an additional $100.
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 8
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Bio Inc.
- EU criticizes Apple for in-app purchases (Update)
- Sue Wagner joins Apple board of directors as Bill Campbell retires
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads