Sony Alpha A6000
A slew of new cameras has been introduced over the past few days, but none are quite as impressive as Sony’s Alpha A6000 ($650). Also available with a 16-50mm power-zoom kit lens for $800, this mirrorless shooter is an impressive followup to the NEX-6. With a new sensor and faster autofocus—plus a lower price—there’s a lot to like.
Inside the camera, there’s a 24.3-megapixel CMOS APS-C sensor. Paired with the BIONZ X processor, you’re looking at an autofocus lag time of 0.06 seconds. That’s especially notable coming from a mirrorless camera — they’re often dinged for their slow focus rates. It can also shoot at a continuous 11fps rate with tracking autofocus. As for the other features, Sony has squeezed in an OLED viewfinder, Wi-Fi, 1080/60p video capture, and some apps, just to name a few.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?