Superzoom cameras are typically point and shoots coupling powerful lenses with weak sensors, so Sony’s new RX10 ($1,300) has just jumped ahead of the pack. While it may look like a DSLR, it’s slightly smaller, and doesn’t allow for interchangeable lenses. For the relatively high price, you get the impressive 20.2-megapixel sensor Sony used in the RX100-II camera, enabling superior color accuracy and low-light shots, plus plenty of high-quality tech that you’d normally not find in a superzoom.
The lens is a 24-200mm zoom with an impressively constant f/2.8 aperture, which means that it’s as fast at shooting objects up close as ones that are far away. Inside, there’s an advanced system for focusing, capable of shooting 10 frames per second with autofocus. Of course 1080p video recording is supported—at 60fps—and there are a handful of other technologies built-in, including Wi-Fi, NFC, dual mics, and more. If you’re on the fence between a point and shoot and a DSLR, you may want to check this one out; it’s an intriguing compromise, albeit with a high price tag that’s largely justified by the lens.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015