Superzoom cameras are typically point and shoots coupling powerful lenses with weak sensors, so Sony’s new RX10 ($1,300) has just jumped ahead of the pack. While it may look like a DSLR, it’s slightly smaller, and doesn’t allow for interchangeable lenses. For the relatively high price, you get the impressive 20.2-megapixel sensor Sony used in the RX100-II camera, enabling superior color accuracy and low-light shots, plus plenty of high-quality tech that you’d normally not find in a superzoom.
The lens is a 24-200mm zoom with an impressively constant f/2.8 aperture, which means that it’s as fast at shooting objects up close as ones that are far away. Inside, there’s an advanced system for focusing, capable of shooting 10 frames per second with autofocus. Of course 1080p video recording is supported—at 60fps—and there are a handful of other technologies built-in, including Wi-Fi, NFC, dual mics, and more. If you’re on the fence between a point and shoot and a DSLR, you may want to check this one out; it’s an intriguing compromise, albeit with a high price tag that’s largely justified by the lens.
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?