Spaces of Play Spirits
Just released on the Mac App Store, Spaces of Play’s Spirits ($10) is a port of the developer’s well-received iOS title, which earned our general recommendation last year. This game combines many of our favorite elements: beautiful graphics, a great soundtrack, and gameplay inspired by the classic puzzler Lemmings. Expect to spend a few dozen hours with this one.
In Spirits, you take god-like control of small, glowing creatures that spawn from leaves, viewing puzzle scenes from a side perspective. Your job is to move the spirits towards a spinning spiral at the end of the level, transforming some of them using magical powers and capabilities to move the rest. Some of the spirits will have to dig through the ground, while others will transform into clouds that blow their friends to higher levels, to name just a couple of the abilities. Users who buy the app during its first two weeks can save $2 off the normal price.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Apple Maps van spotted in greater NYC metro area
- Apple announces annual Back to School promotion, excludes iOS devices
- Apple planning Touch ID Apple TV remote?
- Report: Integrated Apple Watch charging coming to third-party accessories
- Apple releases second iOS 9 public beta
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2015 earnings call
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?