Spaces of Play Spirits
Just released on the Mac App Store, Spaces of Play’s Spirits ($10) is a port of the developer’s well-received iOS title, which earned our general recommendation last year. This game combines many of our favorite elements: beautiful graphics, a great soundtrack, and gameplay inspired by the classic puzzler Lemmings. Expect to spend a few dozen hours with this one.
In Spirits, you take god-like control of small, glowing creatures that spawn from leaves, viewing puzzle scenes from a side perspective. Your job is to move the spirits towards a spinning spiral at the end of the level, transforming some of them using magical powers and capabilities to move the rest. Some of the spirits will have to dig through the ground, while others will transform into clouds that blow their friends to higher levels, to name just a couple of the abilities. Users who buy the app during its first two weeks can save $2 off the normal price.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards