Speck SmartShell for 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Though it hasn’t been officially announced by the company yet, Speck’s SmartShell for 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display ($50) is starting to pop up in Apple’s online stores around the world. While it’s not the first hard shell case we’ve come across for the hi-res machine, it may be the first to make it to market; Hard Candy Cases’ Hard Shell Case is showing as not shipping until the fall, while Speck’s is listed as one to two weeks out.
It appears as if SmartShell is a followup to the See Thru and See Thru Satin lines, with five different colors on offer: matte black, glossy clear, plus Blossom, Pool, and BubbleGum variations. Like most hard shell cases, this one is a two-piece solution that snaps around the top and bottom of your Mac with openings for the ports. SmartShell is equipped with rubber feet to keep it in place on your desk. We’ll share more details when we have them.
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?