Speck SmartShell for 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Though it hasn’t been officially announced by the company yet, Speck’s SmartShell for 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display ($50) is starting to pop up in Apple’s online stores around the world. While it’s not the first hard shell case we’ve come across for the hi-res machine, it may be the first to make it to market; Hard Candy Cases’ Hard Shell Case is showing as not shipping until the fall, while Speck’s is listed as one to two weeks out.
It appears as if SmartShell is a followup to the See Thru and See Thru Satin lines, with five different colors on offer: matte black, glossy clear, plus Blossom, Pool, and BubbleGum variations. Like most hard shell cases, this one is a two-piece solution that snaps around the top and bottom of your Mac with openings for the ports. SmartShell is equipped with rubber feet to keep it in place on your desk. We’ll share more details when we have them.
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?