Speck SmartShell for 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Though it hasn’t been officially announced by the company yet, Speck’s SmartShell for 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display ($50) is starting to pop up in Apple’s online stores around the world. While it’s not the first hard shell case we’ve come across for the hi-res machine, it may be the first to make it to market; Hard Candy Cases’ Hard Shell Case is showing as not shipping until the fall, while Speck’s is listed as one to two weeks out.
It appears as if SmartShell is a followup to the See Thru and See Thru Satin lines, with five different colors on offer: matte black, glossy clear, plus Blossom, Pool, and BubbleGum variations. Like most hard shell cases, this one is a two-piece solution that snaps around the top and bottom of your Mac with openings for the ports. SmartShell is equipped with rubber feet to keep it in place on your desk. We’ll share more details when we have them.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?