Speck SmartShell for 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Though it hasn’t been officially announced by the company yet, Speck’s SmartShell for 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display ($50) is starting to pop up in Apple’s online stores around the world. While it’s not the first hard shell case we’ve come across for the hi-res machine, it may be the first to make it to market; Hard Candy Cases’ Hard Shell Case is showing as not shipping until the fall, while Speck’s is listed as one to two weeks out.
It appears as if SmartShell is a followup to the See Thru and See Thru Satin lines, with five different colors on offer: matte black, glossy clear, plus Blossom, Pool, and BubbleGum variations. Like most hard shell cases, this one is a two-piece solution that snaps around the top and bottom of your Mac with openings for the ports. SmartShell is equipped with rubber feet to keep it in place on your desk. We’ll share more details when we have them.
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?