Speck SmartShell for 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Though it hasn’t been officially announced by the company yet, Speck’s SmartShell for 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display ($50) is starting to pop up in Apple’s online stores around the world. While it’s not the first hard shell case we’ve come across for the hi-res machine, it may be the first to make it to market; Hard Candy Cases’ Hard Shell Case is showing as not shipping until the fall, while Speck’s is listed as one to two weeks out.
It appears as if SmartShell is a followup to the See Thru and See Thru Satin lines, with five different colors on offer: matte black, glossy clear, plus Blossom, Pool, and BubbleGum variations. Like most hard shell cases, this one is a two-piece solution that snaps around the top and bottom of your Mac with openings for the ports. SmartShell is equipped with rubber feet to keep it in place on your desk. We’ll share more details when we have them.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?