Splashtop Inc. Splashtop Remote Desktop
What do you use to remotely access another computer from your Mac? Apple’s Back to My Mac works, but has to be set up under specific conditions, and Microsoft’s Remote Desktop only connects you to PCs. Splashtop Inc. has been in the remote access game for almost a year, starting with iOS apps, and now it’s bringing this expertise to the Mac App Store with Splashtop Remote Desktop ($10/$20). Unlike rivals, Splashtop promises 30 frame per second streaming, and is designed to work even with low-latency 3-D games.
Splashtop Remote Desktop allows you to connect to pretty much any recent Mac or PC—it has to be running Snow Leopard or later on a Mac, or Windows XP, Vista or 7 on a PC—by simply installing the free Splashtop Streamer app. Not only will local computers automatically be located, but logging into Streamer with a Gmail account will allow for automatic connections to remote machines as well. Depending on how and why you need to access a machine from afar, you may well find Splashtop worthy of $20, and it’s a pretty great deal at the introductory price of ten bucks.
- Apple’s Eddy Cue shares his hopes for Apple News
- Report: Apple testing dual front cameras, wireless charging, and more in iPhone 7 prototypes
- Apple expands Personal Pickup to 6 more EU countries
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- House of Marley Chant Sport Portable Audio System
- Grid Connect ConnectSense Smart Outlet
- iDevices Switch HomeKit and Wi-Fi enabled plug
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?