Splashtop Inc. Splashtop Remote Desktop
What do you use to remotely access another computer from your Mac? Apple’s Back to My Mac works, but has to be set up under specific conditions, and Microsoft’s Remote Desktop only connects you to PCs. Splashtop Inc. has been in the remote access game for almost a year, starting with iOS apps, and now it’s bringing this expertise to the Mac App Store with Splashtop Remote Desktop ($10/$20). Unlike rivals, Splashtop promises 30 frame per second streaming, and is designed to work even with low-latency 3-D games.
Splashtop Remote Desktop allows you to connect to pretty much any recent Mac or PC—it has to be running Snow Leopard or later on a Mac, or Windows XP, Vista or 7 on a PC—by simply installing the free Splashtop Streamer app. Not only will local computers automatically be located, but logging into Streamer with a Gmail account will allow for automatic connections to remote machines as well. Depending on how and why you need to access a machine from afar, you may well find Splashtop worthy of $20, and it’s a pretty great deal at the introductory price of ten bucks.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today