Stir Kinetic Desk
With all the research coming out that says sitting is bad for your health, it’s no surprise that standing desks are becoming more and more popular. The latest comes from JP Labrosse, a former Apple employee who worked on the iPod, and his new company, Stir. Stir Kinetic Desk ($3,890+). It’s a fully mechanized, touchscreen-, Wi-Fi-, and Bluetooth-equipped beast, that actually learns as it goes. That’s part of the reason you might choose this desk over a stack of phonebooks on top of your current one.
Double tapping on the touchscreen in the bottom left corner automatically raises or lowers the desk, when you’re ready to move from sitting to standing or vice versa. If you need a reminder for when to move, you can put Stir Kinetic Desk into active mode, which activates the Whisperbreath feature. The desk will actually move up and down an inch, almost like it’s breaking, to remind you to switch it up. In each of the back corners, you’ll find four AC outlets and two USB ports, conveniently hidden in a cord-hiding compartment.
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?