Stir Kinetic Desk
With all the research coming out that says sitting is bad for your health, it’s no surprise that standing desks are becoming more and more popular. The latest comes from JP Labrosse, a former Apple employee who worked on the iPod, and his new company, Stir. Stir Kinetic Desk ($3,890+). It’s a fully mechanized, touchscreen-, Wi-Fi-, and Bluetooth-equipped beast, that actually learns as it goes. That’s part of the reason you might choose this desk over a stack of phonebooks on top of your current one.
Double tapping on the touchscreen in the bottom left corner automatically raises or lowers the desk, when you’re ready to move from sitting to standing or vice versa. If you need a reminder for when to move, you can put Stir Kinetic Desk into active mode, which activates the Whisperbreath feature. The desk will actually move up and down an inch, almost like it’s breaking, to remind you to switch it up. In each of the back corners, you’ll find four AC outlets and two USB ports, conveniently hidden in a cord-hiding compartment.
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Apple Music, iTunes movies and iBooks made available in China
- Google Maps gets Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada by late October?
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Headphones
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?