Stir Kinetic Desk
With all the research coming out that says sitting is bad for your health, it’s no surprise that standing desks are becoming more and more popular. The latest comes from JP Labrosse, a former Apple employee who worked on the iPod, and his new company, Stir. Stir Kinetic Desk ($3,890+). It’s a fully mechanized, touchscreen-, Wi-Fi-, and Bluetooth-equipped beast, that actually learns as it goes. That’s part of the reason you might choose this desk over a stack of phonebooks on top of your current one.
Double tapping on the touchscreen in the bottom left corner automatically raises or lowers the desk, when you’re ready to move from sitting to standing or vice versa. If you need a reminder for when to move, you can put Stir Kinetic Desk into active mode, which activates the Whisperbreath feature. The desk will actually move up and down an inch, almost like it’s breaking, to remind you to switch it up. In each of the back corners, you’ll find four AC outlets and two USB ports, conveniently hidden in a cord-hiding compartment.
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Apple acknowledges iPad Pro charging problem, doesn’t have fix yet
- App Store rules may limit number of iPad Pro-specific apps
- iFixit tears down the Apple Pencil
- Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 4, tvOS 9.1 beta 3
- Apple expands NYC same-day delivery, brings personal pickup to Canada + Australia
- Apple apparently pulls HomeKit-incompatible devices from its stores
- Leaked photo shows official Apple Watch dock packaging (Updated: dock released)
- Foursquare added to Apple Maps business listings
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Logitech Create iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- Apple iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Lav
- Netatmo Rain Gauge
- Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Wireless Speaker
- iHome Kineta K1 and K2 Bluetooth speakers
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?