STM Bags Scout 2
Having already noted STM’s Hood in recent days, we didn’t want to skip over the company’s new Scout 2 line ($60-$70), either. With models that fit 11”, 13”, and 15” MacBook Airs and MacBook Pros, this revamped computer plus iPad-or-other-stuff carrier is a great option for those who prefer a messenger-style bag to a backpack. And since it’s an STM product, you can be assured that it’s built incredibly well.
Open up any of the models of Scout 2, and you’ll find plenty of pockets. A padded area perfectly fits each Apple laptop, with compartments for virtually everything else you might need. We were a bit surprised to find that there isn’t a more tailored pocket to hold an iPad, but there’s certainly space for one. The pocket on the back of the bag unzips at the bottom so that it can be slid onto the handle of a rolling suitcase, a nice touch. Fun fact: although STM doesn’t say so, the vertically-oriented iPad-sized Scout ($55) can just fit an 11” MacBook Air, too. One of our editors has been using this setup for a year now and loves it, though the slightly larger XS version is specifically made for the Air, and like the others, designed to hold the computer horizontally instead.
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.2 with OS X Photos app support
- Mophie debuts new Space lineup
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?