STM Bags Scout 2
Having already noted STM’s Hood in recent days, we didn’t want to skip over the company’s new Scout 2 line ($60-$70), either. With models that fit 11”, 13”, and 15” MacBook Airs and MacBook Pros, this revamped computer plus iPad-or-other-stuff carrier is a great option for those who prefer a messenger-style bag to a backpack. And since it’s an STM product, you can be assured that it’s built incredibly well.
Open up any of the models of Scout 2, and you’ll find plenty of pockets. A padded area perfectly fits each Apple laptop, with compartments for virtually everything else you might need. We were a bit surprised to find that there isn’t a more tailored pocket to hold an iPad, but there’s certainly space for one. The pocket on the back of the bag unzips at the bottom so that it can be slid onto the handle of a rolling suitcase, a nice touch. Fun fact: although STM doesn’t say so, the vertically-oriented iPad-sized Scout ($55) can just fit an 11” MacBook Air, too. One of our editors has been using this setup for a year now and loves it, though the slightly larger XS version is specifically made for the Air, and like the others, designed to hold the computer horizontally instead.
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?