STM Bags Scout 2
Having already noted STM’s Hood in recent days, we didn’t want to skip over the company’s new Scout 2 line ($60-$70), either. With models that fit 11”, 13”, and 15” MacBook Airs and MacBook Pros, this revamped computer plus iPad-or-other-stuff carrier is a great option for those who prefer a messenger-style bag to a backpack. And since it’s an STM product, you can be assured that it’s built incredibly well.
Open up any of the models of Scout 2, and you’ll find plenty of pockets. A padded area perfectly fits each Apple laptop, with compartments for virtually everything else you might need. We were a bit surprised to find that there isn’t a more tailored pocket to hold an iPad, but there’s certainly space for one. The pocket on the back of the bag unzips at the bottom so that it can be slid onto the handle of a rolling suitcase, a nice touch. Fun fact: although STM doesn’t say so, the vertically-oriented iPad-sized Scout ($55) can just fit an 11” MacBook Air, too. One of our editors has been using this setup for a year now and loves it, though the slightly larger XS version is specifically made for the Air, and like the others, designed to hold the computer horizontally instead.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?