Once again, SwitchEasy has put its own unique spin on an established accessory category—this time, it’s entering the MacBook shell market with Cocoon ($50) for the 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display. Although we’re a bit surprised the price isn’t somewhat lower—SwitchEasy is usually known for ultra-affordable accessories—Cocoon sells for roughly the same price as competing alternatives. The hard polycarbonate protector comes in four shades: Milky White, Slate Grey, Smoke Black, and Yellow Jade.
One way SwitchEasy sets Cocoon apart is with the textured finish: instead of smooth plastic, it’s somewhat rough, which means you won’t see scratches appear all over the case like you do with most others. It’s thin enough to allow the Apple logo to shine through, and the bulges for the MacBook Pro’s feet are covered in rubber, preventing them from slipping.
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?