Once again, SwitchEasy has put its own unique spin on an established accessory category—this time, it’s entering the MacBook shell market with Cocoon ($50) for the 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display. Although we’re a bit surprised the price isn’t somewhat lower—SwitchEasy is usually known for ultra-affordable accessories—Cocoon sells for roughly the same price as competing alternatives. The hard polycarbonate protector comes in four shades: Milky White, Slate Grey, Smoke Black, and Yellow Jade.
One way SwitchEasy sets Cocoon apart is with the textured finish: instead of smooth plastic, it’s somewhat rough, which means you won’t see scratches appear all over the case like you do with most others. It’s thin enough to allow the Apple logo to shine through, and the bulges for the MacBook Pro’s feet are covered in rubber, preventing them from slipping.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?