SwitchEasy Thins for MacBook Air
SwitchEasy has a history of releasing really great cases for iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches over the years—now it’s making a foray into MacBook Air sleeves with Thins, available for both 11” and 13” models. It’s based on the design of the company’s earlier Thins for iPad 2 ($40), but customized for Apple’s ultra-small laptops. We found the tablet version to be worthy of recommending, and this edition seems to carry over a lot of the things that we liked.
Available in black, red, blue, or purple, Thins is made from protective neoprene. One of the major selling points is how the two halves are attached; instead of sewing them together, SwitchEasy heat seals them so there are no seams. A flap along the horizontal edge holds the computer in place when it’s in the sleeve, using Velcro to stay shut. While the pack-ins that we often praise the company for are absent from Thins for MacBook Air—probably because there’s less need for video stands or screen protective film for your computer—the price remains the same. It would be cool to see SwitchEasy come up with some Mac-ready frills to boost the value even further; some anti-glare film and a screen cleaning cloth would only help make Thins more distinctive.
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?