Targus USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station
Although Targus’ USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station ($170) isn’t totally new hardware, its support for Macs is fresh. Just announced this morning, a new set of drivers now allows you to connect a MacBook to the hub. While it’s not as elegant as other solutions on the market, including Belkin’s Thunderbolt Express Dock, the rather affordable price and video output may well make it worth considering for those who use their notebooks with external displays. A $50 more expensive version of the dock adds power for PCs, but is otherwise the same; it won’t do Mac users much good.
The Docking Station uses USB to connect to your favorite portable Mac. It provides DVI and HDMI video output, two USB 3.0 ports and four USB 2.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio in and out ports. Additionally, you get DVI-I to VGA and HDMI to DVI-D adapters, and a 2’ long USB cable. Pretty? No. But very functional.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?