Targus USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station
Although Targus’ USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station ($170) isn’t totally new hardware, its support for Macs is fresh. Just announced this morning, a new set of drivers now allows you to connect a MacBook to the hub. While it’s not as elegant as other solutions on the market, including Belkin’s Thunderbolt Express Dock, the rather affordable price and video output may well make it worth considering for those who use their notebooks with external displays. A $50 more expensive version of the dock adds power for PCs, but is otherwise the same; it won’t do Mac users much good.
The Docking Station uses USB to connect to your favorite portable Mac. It provides DVI and HDMI video output, two USB 3.0 ports and four USB 2.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio in and out ports. Additionally, you get DVI-I to VGA and HDMI to DVI-D adapters, and a 2’ long USB cable. Pretty? No. But very functional.
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?