Targus USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station
Although Targus’ USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station ($170) isn’t totally new hardware, its support for Macs is fresh. Just announced this morning, a new set of drivers now allows you to connect a MacBook to the hub. While it’s not as elegant as other solutions on the market, including Belkin’s Thunderbolt Express Dock, the rather affordable price and video output may well make it worth considering for those who use their notebooks with external displays. A $50 more expensive version of the dock adds power for PCs, but is otherwise the same; it won’t do Mac users much good.
The Docking Station uses USB to connect to your favorite portable Mac. It provides DVI and HDMI video output, two USB 3.0 ports and four USB 2.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio in and out ports. Additionally, you get DVI-I to VGA and HDMI to DVI-D adapters, and a 2’ long USB cable. Pretty? No. But very functional.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today