The Container Store Silver Mesh Wastebasket
Apple’s Mac OS X trash can icon is, well, iconic at this point, and we’ll confess to having hunted down a real-life counterpart to place under a desk in our offices. The Container Store’s Silver Mesh Wastebasket ($10) is a highly similar option with the benefit of finer mesh on its round walls, making it more capable of safely holding things other than paper. Unlike Ikea’s now-discontinued circular Dokument, the silver color’s a little brighter and it’s just a little taller, too.
Measuring 11.5” in diameter by 14” tall, the Silver Mesh Wastebasket has enough capacity for a week’s worth of light office trash or small item recycling—it’s not big enough to use in a kitchen or as a general-purpose wastebasket unless you want to frequently empty it. To preserve the OS X-like aesthetic, we’ve found ourselves struggling to avoid putting a liner inside, due to the interesting challenges a mesh can faces whenever you flip the bin to remove coffee cups and the like. Our advice: stick to papers and similarly dry recyclables.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?