The Container Store Silver Mesh Wastebasket
Apple’s Mac OS X trash can icon is, well, iconic at this point, and we’ll confess to having hunted down a real-life counterpart to place under a desk in our offices. The Container Store’s Silver Mesh Wastebasket ($10) is a highly similar option with the benefit of finer mesh on its round walls, making it more capable of safely holding things other than paper. Unlike Ikea’s now-discontinued circular Dokument, the silver color’s a little brighter and it’s just a little taller, too.
Measuring 11.5” in diameter by 14” tall, the Silver Mesh Wastebasket has enough capacity for a week’s worth of light office trash or small item recycling—it’s not big enough to use in a kitchen or as a general-purpose wastebasket unless you want to frequently empty it. To preserve the OS X-like aesthetic, we’ve found ourselves struggling to avoid putting a liner inside, due to the interesting challenges a mesh can faces whenever you flip the bin to remove coffee cups and the like. Our advice: stick to papers and similarly dry recyclables.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015