The Hyperwords Company Liquid Words
Now that the Internet has brought a world of information to our fingertips, the challenge is to quickly find what you’re looking for. Liquid Words ($1) is a new Mac App Store title from The Hyperwords Company that sets out to do just that. A powerful reference tool, it allows you to drill down into any subject in a matter of a second or two. What makes it so fast compared to a traditional web search? Keyboard shortcuts.
The way it works is simple: just choose any text on your screen—it doesn’t matter what app it’s in—and then hit Command-Shift-1. This’ll launch Liquid Words automatically, although you can also pull it up from the icon in the menu bar. From there, you can use the drop down commands to run calculations, search, references, and translations. For even speedier results, you can simply type the letters of the commands you want to use. For example, you would just tap R and then I if you wanted to look up the IMDb listing for the movie you highlighted. This winds up reducing the steps that were previously necessary to call up a web browser, type the search term, and display the results.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015