The Iconfactory Flare
Even if you haven’t already spent a small fortune on Adobe’s Creative Suite, you probably want to have some fun with your digital photos. That’s where Iconfactory’s Flare ($20) comes into play. This simplified photo filter app gives you the ability to quickly add effects and textures to your pictures, but gives you a lot more control than most of the other filter apps out there.
Just like you’d expect, there are dozens of one-click presets built right in. Rather than being stuck with just those, you can create your own by mixing all sorts of colors, lens, and creative effects, and even download new ones from FlareApp.com. Images from iPhoto, Aperture, Photoshop, and Lightroom can be dragged right in, and Flare even supports RAW images. When you’re done, you can share your creation using built-in email and Flickr support. Flare is waiting for you in the Mac App Store.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?