The Omni Group OmniOutliner
Digital organizers, listen up. The Omni Group has just released the fourth edition of its outlining software, OmniOutliner ($50). Available for free for those using OmniOutliner 3, a $25 upgrade for people running older versions, or a fresh download for those just jumping in, it can be found on the Mac App Store or Omni’s website. It’s a powerful tool for keeping track of pretty much everything, and has been updated with a number of new features.
One of the key aspects Omni is touting is the ability to magnify text without actually changing the layout of your document; this is ideal for presentations or just getting a closer look. A brand new sidebar gives you quick access to the contents of your outline and more, while themes are easier to add. Also new is super easy attachments, making it a breeze to upload video and other files, right into your outline. Just drag, drop, and you’re ready to go. A Pro version is available as an upgrade via a $50 in-app purchase, or $100 on its own. It adds improved editing and style control features, more export capabilities, and AppleScript support.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?