The Omni Group OmniOutliner
Digital organizers, listen up. The Omni Group has just released the fourth edition of its outlining software, OmniOutliner ($50). Available for free for those using OmniOutliner 3, a $25 upgrade for people running older versions, or a fresh download for those just jumping in, it can be found on the Mac App Store or Omni’s website. It’s a powerful tool for keeping track of pretty much everything, and has been updated with a number of new features.
One of the key aspects Omni is touting is the ability to magnify text without actually changing the layout of your document; this is ideal for presentations or just getting a closer look. A brand new sidebar gives you quick access to the contents of your outline and more, while themes are easier to add. Also new is super easy attachments, making it a breeze to upload video and other files, right into your outline. Just drag, drop, and you’re ready to go. A Pro version is available as an upgrade via a $50 in-app purchase, or $100 on its own. It adds improved editing and style control features, more export capabilities, and AppleScript support.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?