The Vienna RSS Project Vienna
The past few years haven’t been great for RSS, with the biggest blow coming from Google’s discontinuation of Reader service. There are of course still viable RSS readers out there, but nothing stands out as a clear winner. Here’s one to consider: Vienna (Free), from The Vienna RSS Project. As the open source software core behind the now-abandoned RSS app NewsFire, Vienna is fully featured, and has seen continuous updates for years.
Designed specifically for OS X, Vienna is an elegant tool that provides quick access to articles and posts from all your favorite sites. It looks like Apple’s Mail app, with a narrow main feed on the left column, and two rows on the right. The top gives you information about each post such as the subject, date, and author, while the bottom block shows the text. You can easily share articles over social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, and use filters to rapidly sort through results.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015