TheMiniDrive.com MiniDrive microSD Adapter
Not to be confused with Nifty’s MiniDrive—a Kickstarter project that blew past its funding goal a year ago, but still isn’t available to the general public—TheMiniDrive.com is also offering a product called MiniDrive ($20). This one is actually available for purchase right now. It looks a lot like Nifty’s, and does the same thing, but the fact that anyone can actually purchase it really boosts the appeal.
MiniDrive serves as an adapter for any self-provided microSD card. Pop it in, and you can then fit the whole thing into your MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air. The major selling point is that it sits flush with the computer’s edge, rather than jutting out like most SD cards do. This allows you to effectively add storage space for any number of things: extra content, Time Machine backups, and more. TheMiniDrive.com is currently attempting to get the price of its accessory down to $6, shipped.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?