TheMiniDrive.com MiniDrive microSD Adapter
Not to be confused with Nifty’s MiniDrive—a Kickstarter project that blew past its funding goal a year ago, but still isn’t available to the general public—TheMiniDrive.com is also offering a product called MiniDrive ($20). This one is actually available for purchase right now. It looks a lot like Nifty’s, and does the same thing, but the fact that anyone can actually purchase it really boosts the appeal.
MiniDrive serves as an adapter for any self-provided microSD card. Pop it in, and you can then fit the whole thing into your MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air. The major selling point is that it sits flush with the computer’s edge, rather than jutting out like most SD cards do. This allows you to effectively add storage space for any number of things: extra content, Time Machine backups, and more. TheMiniDrive.com is currently attempting to get the price of its accessory down to $6, shipped.
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?