Thought Out MagStay MS-01
When Steve Jobs introduced the MagSafe power adapter back in 2006, he said it was made to prevent your notebook from flying across the room if someone tripped over the cord. That was a great idea, but what are you supposed to do if you’d rather your MagSafe not pull right out—an issue that MagSafe 2 users have found particularly troubling? Thought Out has a solution: MagStay MS-01 ($20). Its one and only purpose is to hold the MagSafe 2 adapter in place on the 13” or 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display.
MagStay is a plastic clip that attaches to the plug, and then wraps around your MacBook’s body. It can be flipped to accommodate the lid in an open or closed position, but either way it allows the LED to shine through. The idea is practical and better than, say, tape or Velcro, but there’s no doubt that the price is pretty crazy—twice what Apple’s MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Convertor costs, and just plain expensive for a piece of plastic.
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- iPad Air 3 case photos reveal Smart Connector support, four speakers
- Apple building team for secret virtual reality project
- Report: Apple aiming to unveil original, exclusive TV programming by September
- Wells Fargo, Bank of America ATMs to support Apple Pay?
- Report: Apple working on iPhone model with wireless charging
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Zagg Messenger Universal Keyboard
- Audio-Technica ATH-ANC40BT QuietPoint Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!