Thought Out MagStay MS-01
When Steve Jobs introduced the MagSafe power adapter back in 2006, he said it was made to prevent your notebook from flying across the room if someone tripped over the cord. That was a great idea, but what are you supposed to do if you’d rather your MagSafe not pull right out—an issue that MagSafe 2 users have found particularly troubling? Thought Out has a solution: MagStay MS-01 ($20). Its one and only purpose is to hold the MagSafe 2 adapter in place on the 13” or 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display.
MagStay is a plastic clip that attaches to the plug, and then wraps around your MacBook’s body. It can be flipped to accommodate the lid in an open or closed position, but either way it allows the LED to shine through. The idea is practical and better than, say, tape or Velcro, but there’s no doubt that the price is pretty crazy—twice what Apple’s MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Convertor costs, and just plain expensive for a piece of plastic.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015