Timbuk2 Spire 15-Inch Laptop Backpack
Having made some of the most durable ballistic nylon bags we’ve ever tested—generally device-agnostic ones—Timbuk2 has set its sights firmly on MacBook Pro users with Spire ($99), a coated polyester backpack that looks a lot like recent designs we’ve loved from Chrome, STM Bags, and Mission Workshop. Built with a roll-top opening system and offered in either jet black or blue/gunmetal versions, Spire has a padded rear pocket with enough space for a 15” MacBook Pro, plus enough space for some large books, an iPad, and accessories.
While the back isn’t completely waterproof, it’s designed to be seriously water resistant when worn, with multiple pockets for small, medium, and large-sized items. Twin shoulder straps and an optional sternum strap help you balance the considerable weight of a 15” laptop on your back, while a built-in bottle opener is a handy, uncommon pack-in for on-the-go refreshment—one of several anodized aluminum components in the bag. Currently an Apple Store exclusive, Spire may be easier to acquire from Apple (at a small price premium) than through Timbuk2 itself.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?