Timbuk2 Spire 15-Inch Laptop Backpack
Having made some of the most durable ballistic nylon bags we’ve ever tested—generally device-agnostic ones—Timbuk2 has set its sights firmly on MacBook Pro users with Spire ($99), a coated polyester backpack that looks a lot like recent designs we’ve loved from Chrome, STM Bags, and Mission Workshop. Built with a roll-top opening system and offered in either jet black or blue/gunmetal versions, Spire has a padded rear pocket with enough space for a 15” MacBook Pro, plus enough space for some large books, an iPad, and accessories.
While the back isn’t completely waterproof, it’s designed to be seriously water resistant when worn, with multiple pockets for small, medium, and large-sized items. Twin shoulder straps and an optional sternum strap help you balance the considerable weight of a 15” laptop on your back, while a built-in bottle opener is a handy, uncommon pack-in for on-the-go refreshment—one of several anodized aluminum components in the bag. Currently an Apple Store exclusive, Spire may be easier to acquire from Apple (at a small price premium) than through Timbuk2 itself.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?