Timbuk2 Spire 15-Inch Laptop Backpack
Having made some of the most durable ballistic nylon bags we’ve ever tested—generally device-agnostic ones—Timbuk2 has set its sights firmly on MacBook Pro users with Spire ($99), a coated polyester backpack that looks a lot like recent designs we’ve loved from Chrome, STM Bags, and Mission Workshop. Built with a roll-top opening system and offered in either jet black or blue/gunmetal versions, Spire has a padded rear pocket with enough space for a 15” MacBook Pro, plus enough space for some large books, an iPad, and accessories.
While the back isn’t completely waterproof, it’s designed to be seriously water resistant when worn, with multiple pockets for small, medium, and large-sized items. Twin shoulder straps and an optional sternum strap help you balance the considerable weight of a 15” laptop on your back, while a built-in bottle opener is a handy, uncommon pack-in for on-the-go refreshment—one of several anodized aluminum components in the bag. Currently an Apple Store exclusive, Spire may be easier to acquire from Apple (at a small price premium) than through Timbuk2 itself.
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?