Tiny Speck Slack
It’s not often that a Mac App Store title uses a single line description, but sometimes, that’s all that’s needed. “Slack is for making your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.” That’s the entire summary on the page for Tiny Speck’s Slack (Free). It’s a group communication tool made to compete with the likes of Campfire and Hipchat. We’ve been using it for a few days now, and have found it to be a very nicely designed app, offering a number of features we desire, and some we didn’t even know we needed.
At its core, Slack is a chatroom client. Separate conversations can be broken down into channels, denoted by hashtags. Each user in the group can direct message with other people, and even form private groups. File sharing is a simple matter of drag and drop, and we’re really impressed with the third-party app integration. Dropbox, Twitter, Google services and more all connect with ease. We also appreciate the strong web client, and iOS apps, offering full functionality wherever you may be. There are currently three monthly price levels: $0 allows for unlimited users, a 10,000 message searchable archive, and 5GB of storage, while for the price of $8 or $15 a month, per user, respectively, you can have the standard or plus plan. These offer unlimited searchable messages and more storage space, plus analytics and higher level support.
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- iFixit posts teardown of sixth-gen iPod touch
- Apple and GSMA in talks to adopt embedded SIM technology
- New iOS scam surfaces as crash warnings in Safari browser popups
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?