iLounge + Mac’s mission is to feature cool products that make your Mac experience better in different ways—including things that look great next to it. Take Tkaro’s Bottle ($37), which is pitched as “the glass you take with you.” It’s a gorgeous vessel for your favorite cold beverage, and thanks to glass and stainless steel construction, it just happens to complement the industrial design of many Apple computers.
Just like the folks in Cupertino who designed the iPhone 4, Tkaro chose to rely heavily on glass for health and environmental reasons. The wide-mouthed container’s bottom is reinforced like a wine bottle for added structural integrity, so it should be able to survive some small bumps. There’s a stainless steel band that wraps around the body, and the matching cover screws into it, giving the Bottle an airtight seal. There’s no fear of chemicals leaching into your drink, an issue that recently has been coming up with some metal or plastic containers. And if that’s not enough, the whole thing is designed to be recyclable. Right now, Tkaro’s Bottle is only available in silver, but black, gold, gun metal grey, and copper versions are on their way. Silver will do until Apple figures out a way to pull off the black MacBook Air we’re lusting after.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?