TMDtouch Zorro Masck Touch Screen for 21.5" iMac
The chances of Apple releasing a touchscreen iMac any time soon are probably pretty low, but there are ways to touch-enable certain desktop Macs. Shenzhen-based TMDtouch has decided to take up the cause with Zorro Macsk ($199), a cover that turns 21.5” iMacs into touchscreen devices without any modifications; you simply slide it on, plug in the USB cable, and it’s good to go.
Rather than capacitive touch sensors like those used on iOS devices and the Magic Trackpad, Zorro Macsk uses infrared transmitters to monitor your fingers; Multi-Touch is supported. Those sensors are housed inside the frame, and there’s no screen coverage, so you’re touching right through to the glass display. Available in silver, black, green, white, pink, and blue variations, we can imagine some interesting uses for Zorro Macsk, and will be interested to see it come to the 27” iMac, as well.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?