TMDtouch Zorro Masck Touch Screen for 21.5" iMac
The chances of Apple releasing a touchscreen iMac any time soon are probably pretty low, but there are ways to touch-enable certain desktop Macs. Shenzhen-based TMDtouch has decided to take up the cause with Zorro Macsk ($199), a cover that turns 21.5” iMacs into touchscreen devices without any modifications; you simply slide it on, plug in the USB cable, and it’s good to go.
Rather than capacitive touch sensors like those used on iOS devices and the Magic Trackpad, Zorro Macsk uses infrared transmitters to monitor your fingers; Multi-Touch is supported. Those sensors are housed inside the frame, and there’s no screen coverage, so you’re touching right through to the glass display. Available in silver, black, green, white, pink, and blue variations, we can imagine some interesting uses for Zorro Macsk, and will be interested to see it come to the 27” iMac, as well.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?