Toshiba Canvio Home Backup & Share
Of course it’s a great idea to backup your Mac regularly, and thanks to Time Machine, there are plenty of drives that do that for you easily. The latest drives build upon the basics with convenient implementations, at lower prices. So even though Toshiba’s Canvio Home Backup & Share ($150) is far from the first networked drive around, we’re interested because it’s inexpensive and easy to use.
Coming in 2TB and 3TB configurations, Canvio connects to your Mac over USB, gets plugged into the wall, and also has a port for an Ethernet plug. When it’s connected to a network, you’re able to access its content from all your devices, including other computers, iPhones, and iPads, from wherever you are. Think of it as a private, local cloud for all your stuff.
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?