Transcend JetDrive Lite
Transcend’s not the first company to sell a specially-sized SD card made to expand the storage in a MacBook, but it’s entered the market with aggressive pricing and high capacities. JetDrive Lite ($49-$99) is available in different configurations for the 13” MacBook Air and every generation of 13” and 15” Retina MacBook Pro. A simple chart helps you find the right one for your Mac, and you’ll only pay half of what PNY charges for the same capacities in its StorEDGE.
Each JetDrive Lite is available in 64GB and 128GB capacities, except for the 330 model, designed for the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display — that one only comes in 64 gigs. Simply pop the card into the slot, where it will stick out only enough to give you something to grab onto for removal. The cards are all rated for 95MB/s read speeds, and 60MB/s write speeds. Considering Apple charges $200 to go from 128GB to 256GB of flash storage, this is a pretty darn good deal.
- Report: Apple acquires mobile imaging company LinX
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Apple Pay timeline in China unknown after negotiations stall
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Apple announces WWDC for June 8-12
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?