Transcend JetDrive Lite
Transcend’s not the first company to sell a specially-sized SD card made to expand the storage in a MacBook, but it’s entered the market with aggressive pricing and high capacities. JetDrive Lite ($49-$99) is available in different configurations for the 13” MacBook Air and every generation of 13” and 15” Retina MacBook Pro. A simple chart helps you find the right one for your Mac, and you’ll only pay half of what PNY charges for the same capacities in its StorEDGE.
Each JetDrive Lite is available in 64GB and 128GB capacities, except for the 330 model, designed for the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display — that one only comes in 64 gigs. Simply pop the card into the slot, where it will stick out only enough to give you something to grab onto for removal. The cards are all rated for 95MB/s read speeds, and 60MB/s write speeds. Considering Apple charges $200 to go from 128GB to 256GB of flash storage, this is a pretty darn good deal.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?