Transcend JetDrive Lite
Transcend’s not the first company to sell a specially-sized SD card made to expand the storage in a MacBook, but it’s entered the market with aggressive pricing and high capacities. JetDrive Lite ($49-$99) is available in different configurations for the 13” MacBook Air and every generation of 13” and 15” Retina MacBook Pro. A simple chart helps you find the right one for your Mac, and you’ll only pay half of what PNY charges for the same capacities in its StorEDGE.
Each JetDrive Lite is available in 64GB and 128GB capacities, except for the 330 model, designed for the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display — that one only comes in 64 gigs. Simply pop the card into the slot, where it will stick out only enough to give you something to grab onto for removal. The cards are all rated for 95MB/s read speeds, and 60MB/s write speeds. Considering Apple charges $200 to go from 128GB to 256GB of flash storage, this is a pretty darn good deal.
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?