Transcend JetDrive Lite
Transcend’s not the first company to sell a specially-sized SD card made to expand the storage in a MacBook, but it’s entered the market with aggressive pricing and high capacities. JetDrive Lite ($49-$99) is available in different configurations for the 13” MacBook Air and every generation of 13” and 15” Retina MacBook Pro. A simple chart helps you find the right one for your Mac, and you’ll only pay half of what PNY charges for the same capacities in its StorEDGE.
Each JetDrive Lite is available in 64GB and 128GB capacities, except for the 330 model, designed for the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display — that one only comes in 64 gigs. Simply pop the card into the slot, where it will stick out only enough to give you something to grab onto for removal. The cards are all rated for 95MB/s read speeds, and 60MB/s write speeds. Considering Apple charges $200 to go from 128GB to 256GB of flash storage, this is a pretty darn good deal.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?