Twelve South BookArc for Air
Now that the MacBook Air is a legitimate contender for laptop mindshare, what’s to stop it from taking over desktops, too? That was Twelve South’s thought behind BookArc for Air ($40), the newest family member in the BookArc line (remember the MacBook and iPad versions?). A simple, clean steel stand, it securely holds and displays the MacBook Air in a closed position, perfect for when the computer is connected to an external monitor. Since the 11- and 13-inch models have the same thickness, they both fit perfectly into the cushioned insert. Updated! New pictures of BookArc for Air are inside - check them out!
Twelve South has taken this model to the next level with built in cable management, especially important now that the Air has I/O on both sides. This allows power, audio, video, and USB cables to be run unseen behind the computer, avoiding the usual tangles and clutter. In addition, by having the computer closed, full video memory is allocated towards the external display, enabling graphics-heavy programs to work at peak speed—always a plus.
A few extra details: BookArc for Air’s significantly smaller than the standard BookArc, greatly reducing the required surface area the stand consumes on a desk. The new cable management hole is large enough for Apple’s latest LED Cinema Display multi-cables, but obviously accommodates a standard power supply as well, as shown above. No additional rubber inserts are included in the package, so you’ll need to make the most of the single sized version shown here, which has just enough space for a bare MacBook Air in the center. While the film-coated Air we use just barely fits into the opening, it sticks a little to the rubber, occasionally causing the stand to tug upwards when the Air’s removed. That aside, we love this design.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0