Twelve South BookArc for Air
Now that the MacBook Air is a legitimate contender for laptop mindshare, what’s to stop it from taking over desktops, too? That was Twelve South’s thought behind BookArc for Air ($40), the newest family member in the BookArc line (remember the MacBook and iPad versions?). A simple, clean steel stand, it securely holds and displays the MacBook Air in a closed position, perfect for when the computer is connected to an external monitor. Since the 11- and 13-inch models have the same thickness, they both fit perfectly into the cushioned insert. Updated! New pictures of BookArc for Air are inside - check them out!
Twelve South has taken this model to the next level with built in cable management, especially important now that the Air has I/O on both sides. This allows power, audio, video, and USB cables to be run unseen behind the computer, avoiding the usual tangles and clutter. In addition, by having the computer closed, full video memory is allocated towards the external display, enabling graphics-heavy programs to work at peak speed—always a plus.
A few extra details: BookArc for Air’s significantly smaller than the standard BookArc, greatly reducing the required surface area the stand consumes on a desk. The new cable management hole is large enough for Apple’s latest LED Cinema Display multi-cables, but obviously accommodates a standard power supply as well, as shown above. No additional rubber inserts are included in the package, so you’ll need to make the most of the single sized version shown here, which has just enough space for a bare MacBook Air in the center. While the film-coated Air we use just barely fits into the opening, it sticks a little to the rubber, occasionally causing the stand to tug upwards when the Air’s removed. That aside, we love this design.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?