Twelve South BookArc for Air
Now that the MacBook Air is a legitimate contender for laptop mindshare, what’s to stop it from taking over desktops, too? That was Twelve South’s thought behind BookArc for Air ($40), the newest family member in the BookArc line (remember the MacBook and iPad versions?). A simple, clean steel stand, it securely holds and displays the MacBook Air in a closed position, perfect for when the computer is connected to an external monitor. Since the 11- and 13-inch models have the same thickness, they both fit perfectly into the cushioned insert. Updated! New pictures of BookArc for Air are inside - check them out!
Twelve South has taken this model to the next level with built in cable management, especially important now that the Air has I/O on both sides. This allows power, audio, video, and USB cables to be run unseen behind the computer, avoiding the usual tangles and clutter. In addition, by having the computer closed, full video memory is allocated towards the external display, enabling graphics-heavy programs to work at peak speed—always a plus.
A few extra details: BookArc for Air’s significantly smaller than the standard BookArc, greatly reducing the required surface area the stand consumes on a desk. The new cable management hole is large enough for Apple’s latest LED Cinema Display multi-cables, but obviously accommodates a standard power supply as well, as shown above. No additional rubber inserts are included in the package, so you’ll need to make the most of the single sized version shown here, which has just enough space for a bare MacBook Air in the center. While the film-coated Air we use just barely fits into the opening, it sticks a little to the rubber, occasionally causing the stand to tug upwards when the Air’s removed. That aside, we love this design.
- Apple quietly pulls back on 2014 CarPlay availability
- iPhone 6 Plus users reporting bending iPhones
- FXNOW channel comes to Apple TV
- Apple airs two new iPhone 6 ads
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels