Twelve South BookBook for Air
We chuckled a little at Twelve South’s original version of BookBook—a MacBook case designed to look like an oversized, aged book—but every iteration gets a little better. Today’s just-announced BookBook for Air ($80) is the coolest one yet, sold in separate versions for the 11” and 13” MacBook Air. Each is made from padded genuine leather, and the 11” version is small enough to actually pass for a book. Or at least a “short story,” as the company puts it.
As with the earlier BookBooks, BookBook for Air actually has the look of an old hardcover, complete with bookmark edge-styled zippers. When it’s closed, it lets your MacBook Air sit incognito on a shelf; the dual zippers permit easy connection of a charging cable if you want to hint at the case’s contents. Fully opened, elastic loops let it attach to the Air’s lid.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?