Twelve South HiRise for iMac
We’ve been impressed with plenty of Twelve South’s products in the past, but the company may have just outdone itself. Its just-announced HiRise for iMac ($80) could be its coolest product to date. HiRise not only elevates your iMac or Thunderbolt Display to one of six different levels, it also adds a hidden compartment for storing accessories. And man, does it look good. Updated October 3, 2012 with pictures and hands-on impressions!
Twelve South didn’t skimp on this accessory one bit: HiRise is made of heavy-duty metal, and the company makes clear that it’s strong enough to hold even a 27” iMac; over-engineered is the term it uses. You slide the metal support into whichever of the grooves you like best, put the foot of your iMac on it, and you’re done. Perforated plates on the front and back keep HiRise looking clean, but can be removed so you can use the extra space for storage. There’s even enough room for a Mac mini. The stand also addresses a fairly common concern: place a Thunderbolt Display at the second level and it’ll line up with an iMac.
After having a chance to play around with HiRise, we’re even more impressed: it arrives in a beautiful box, feels totally solid, and is really easy to put together. The only difficult part may be screwing on the backplate, depending on where you have your iMac positioned. Otherwise, we’re very happy with both the concept and the execution of this accessory; it truly seems perfectly at home at the base of the iMac.
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?