Twelve South HiRise for iMac
We’ve been impressed with plenty of Twelve South’s products in the past, but the company may have just outdone itself. Its just-announced HiRise for iMac ($80) could be its coolest product to date. HiRise not only elevates your iMac or Thunderbolt Display to one of six different levels, it also adds a hidden compartment for storing accessories. And man, does it look good. Updated October 3, 2012 with pictures and hands-on impressions!
Twelve South didn’t skimp on this accessory one bit: HiRise is made of heavy-duty metal, and the company makes clear that it’s strong enough to hold even a 27” iMac; over-engineered is the term it uses. You slide the metal support into whichever of the grooves you like best, put the foot of your iMac on it, and you’re done. Perforated plates on the front and back keep HiRise looking clean, but can be removed so you can use the extra space for storage. There’s even enough room for a Mac mini. The stand also addresses a fairly common concern: place a Thunderbolt Display at the second level and it’ll line up with an iMac.
After having a chance to play around with HiRise, we’re even more impressed: it arrives in a beautiful box, feels totally solid, and is really easy to put together. The only difficult part may be screwing on the backplate, depending on where you have your iMac positioned. Otherwise, we’re very happy with both the concept and the execution of this accessory; it truly seems perfectly at home at the base of the iMac.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?