Twelve South HiRise Stand for MacBook
Having just released HiRise for iMac, Twelve South apparently felt that the MacBook line deserves some love, too. So here it is: the HiRise Stand for MacBook ($70). Although the execution is different between the models, they both offer an attractive way to elevate your Mac to a comfortable height. This HiRise is designed to work with MacBooks of all shapes and sizes, from the 11” Air all the way up to the gone but not forgotten 17” Pro.
Instead of resembling a shelf like the iMac version, the MacBook take on HiRise is a metal stand with a large sturdy foot and a spring-loaded post that moves up and down. At the top is an angled v-shaped holder lined with silicone to hold your computer. The design also allows for maximum air circulation, something that may be particularly handy for users running Retina display-equipped Macs, which tend to get warm. The base has Teflon rails on the underside so that it doesn’t scratch up your desk. All in all, it seems like a well-designed, useful stand—the sort of product we expect from Twelve South these days.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?