Twelve South HiRise Stand for MacBook
Having just released HiRise for iMac, Twelve South apparently felt that the MacBook line deserves some love, too. So here it is: the HiRise Stand for MacBook ($70). Although the execution is different between the models, they both offer an attractive way to elevate your Mac to a comfortable height. This HiRise is designed to work with MacBooks of all shapes and sizes, from the 11” Air all the way up to the gone but not forgotten 17” Pro.
Instead of resembling a shelf like the iMac version, the MacBook take on HiRise is a metal stand with a large sturdy foot and a spring-loaded post that moves up and down. At the top is an angled v-shaped holder lined with silicone to hold your computer. The design also allows for maximum air circulation, something that may be particularly handy for users running Retina display-equipped Macs, which tend to get warm. The base has Teflon rails on the underside so that it doesn’t scratch up your desk. All in all, it seems like a well-designed, useful stand—the sort of product we expect from Twelve South these days.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?