Twelve South HiRise Stand for MacBook
Having just released HiRise for iMac, Twelve South apparently felt that the MacBook line deserves some love, too. So here it is: the HiRise Stand for MacBook ($70). Although the execution is different between the models, they both offer an attractive way to elevate your Mac to a comfortable height. This HiRise is designed to work with MacBooks of all shapes and sizes, from the 11” Air all the way up to the gone but not forgotten 17” Pro.
Instead of resembling a shelf like the iMac version, the MacBook take on HiRise is a metal stand with a large sturdy foot and a spring-loaded post that moves up and down. At the top is an angled v-shaped holder lined with silicone to hold your computer. The design also allows for maximum air circulation, something that may be particularly handy for users running Retina display-equipped Macs, which tend to get warm. The base has Teflon rails on the underside so that it doesn’t scratch up your desk. All in all, it seems like a well-designed, useful stand—the sort of product we expect from Twelve South these days.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?