Twelve South HiRise Stand for MacBook
Having just released HiRise for iMac, Twelve South apparently felt that the MacBook line deserves some love, too. So here it is: the HiRise Stand for MacBook ($70). Although the execution is different between the models, they both offer an attractive way to elevate your Mac to a comfortable height. This HiRise is designed to work with MacBooks of all shapes and sizes, from the 11” Air all the way up to the gone but not forgotten 17” Pro.
Instead of resembling a shelf like the iMac version, the MacBook take on HiRise is a metal stand with a large sturdy foot and a spring-loaded post that moves up and down. At the top is an angled v-shaped holder lined with silicone to hold your computer. The design also allows for maximum air circulation, something that may be particularly handy for users running Retina display-equipped Macs, which tend to get warm. The base has Teflon rails on the underside so that it doesn’t scratch up your desk. All in all, it seems like a well-designed, useful stand—the sort of product we expect from Twelve South these days.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015