Twelve South Rutledge BookBook for MacBook
Twelve South has had a busy few weeks when it comes to updated iDevice accessories; check out its new SurfacePad for iPad mini and Compass 2. Now it’s decided to give the Mac some love with Rutledge BookBook for MacBook ($100). The South Carolina-based company has had versions of its leather, book-inspired MacBook case since 2010, and those initial versions can still be had for $80. Rutledge is an aesthetic update, and boy, is it pretty.
Available for the current lineup of MacBook Airs and Pros, this BookBook has two covers, a spine that helps prevent damage, and a zipper that keeps it shut. Inside, there’s a padded lining and two elastic straps meant to hold the top corners of your Mac’s display. But that’s all old — it’s the outside that’s new. Instead of the matte material, this one is glossy leather, with each unit sporting a unique finish. Multiple layers of color are added, and then bits and pieces are removed, leaving a design Twelve South says is inspired by electric guitars. This case will certainly garner attention when you’re out and about, but will also hopefully keep your MacBook safe from theft, and free of dings and scratches. For fans of BookBook who want an even more unique design, our initial impression of Rutledge is very positive.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?