Twelve South Rutledge BookBook for MacBook
Twelve South has had a busy few weeks when it comes to updated iDevice accessories; check out its new SurfacePad for iPad mini and Compass 2. Now it’s decided to give the Mac some love with Rutledge BookBook for MacBook ($100). The South Carolina-based company has had versions of its leather, book-inspired MacBook case since 2010, and those initial versions can still be had for $80. Rutledge is an aesthetic update, and boy, is it pretty.
Available for the current lineup of MacBook Airs and Pros, this BookBook has two covers, a spine that helps prevent damage, and a zipper that keeps it shut. Inside, there’s a padded lining and two elastic straps meant to hold the top corners of your Mac’s display. But that’s all old — it’s the outside that’s new. Instead of the matte material, this one is glossy leather, with each unit sporting a unique finish. Multiple layers of color are added, and then bits and pieces are removed, leaving a design Twelve South says is inspired by electric guitars. This case will certainly garner attention when you’re out and about, but will also hopefully keep your MacBook safe from theft, and free of dings and scratches. For fans of BookBook who want an even more unique design, our initial impression of Rutledge is very positive.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?