Twelve South SurfacePad for MacBook
One of Twelve South’s earliest accessories, SurfacePad ($30), has been redesigned for 2013. Now available for both sizes of the MacBook Air, as well as 13” and 15” non-Retina MacBook Pros, the already minimalistic design of the leather palm rest has been slimmed down even further. Why isn’t there a Retina version? Twelve South links to this Apple article, which says the tolerances are too tight for such accessories.
SurfacePad is now a single rounded rectangle of napa leather, with adhesive holding it in place around your Mac’s trackpad, and stopping just short of the edges. It comes in either red or black, and doesn’t interfere with the computer’s lid. This edition of the protector is $10 less than the previous version, a more reasonable price to pay—and a nice insurance policy against wear and tear from sweaty palms.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?