Two Tribes/Mobigame Edge
We really got a kick out of the iPhone and iPad versions of Edge ($7), so we were excited to hear that Two Tribes was porting Mobigame’s now-classic cubic platform game to the Mac. Luckily, it lives up to our high expectations: from the same cool artwork to the chiptune soundtrack, it’s everything we liked, only bigger on the Mac’s screens.
You take control of a cube, and it’s your job to roll around capturing prism pieces strewn about different boxy levels. Instead of touch controls, you use the arrow keys to move around—it works pretty well. Each level has special traps and triggers that add plenty of excitement, and over the stages, you’ll learn to make the cube defy gravity, ride moving platforms, and more. There are 58 levels to start with, and free downloadable content is coming soon. Edge is really a lot of fun; the Mac version includes more dramatic camera close-ups, slight alterations in the soundtrack to reduce the iOS versions initially dreary mood, and a boxy tweak to the end-of-level disappearing cube animation. We strongly recommend you check it out in the Mac App Store.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today