Two Tribes/Mobigame Edge
We really got a kick out of the iPhone and iPad versions of Edge ($7), so we were excited to hear that Two Tribes was porting Mobigame’s now-classic cubic platform game to the Mac. Luckily, it lives up to our high expectations: from the same cool artwork to the chiptune soundtrack, it’s everything we liked, only bigger on the Mac’s screens.
You take control of a cube, and it’s your job to roll around capturing prism pieces strewn about different boxy levels. Instead of touch controls, you use the arrow keys to move around—it works pretty well. Each level has special traps and triggers that add plenty of excitement, and over the stages, you’ll learn to make the cube defy gravity, ride moving platforms, and more. There are 58 levels to start with, and free downloadable content is coming soon. Edge is really a lot of fun; the Mac version includes more dramatic camera close-ups, slight alterations in the soundtrack to reduce the iOS versions initially dreary mood, and a boxy tweak to the end-of-level disappearing cube animation. We strongly recommend you check it out in the Mac App Store.
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014