Ubisoft Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
The fifth game in its popular stealth series, Ubisoft has just released Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction ($25) in the Mac App Store. Like most console-quality games, it has some heavy spec requirements, so you’ll need a more recent iMac or MacBook Pro to really get the best experience. If you’re a gamer with one of those machines, there’s a good chance you’ll want to check this title out.
Like all the Splinter Cell games, this one puts you in the shoes of spy Sam Fischer; surprise—he’s trying to stop a terrorist plot. What makes Conviction unique is that it’s more than just a straightforward first-person shooter, and instead of just interacting with specific items scattered throughout the levels, the world is fully dynamic: according to Ubisoft, “every object is available to use.” You can even use crowds of people to your advantage, either slipping into them to go undetected or causing a ruckus to get away. The game’s well-regarded on consoles, so we expect the Mac version to live up to the hype.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015