Ubisoft Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
The fifth game in its popular stealth series, Ubisoft has just released Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction ($25) in the Mac App Store. Like most console-quality games, it has some heavy spec requirements, so you’ll need a more recent iMac or MacBook Pro to really get the best experience. If you’re a gamer with one of those machines, there’s a good chance you’ll want to check this title out.
Like all the Splinter Cell games, this one puts you in the shoes of spy Sam Fischer; surprise—he’s trying to stop a terrorist plot. What makes Conviction unique is that it’s more than just a straightforward first-person shooter, and instead of just interacting with specific items scattered throughout the levels, the world is fully dynamic: according to Ubisoft, “every object is available to use.” You can even use crowds of people to your advantage, either slipping into them to go undetected or causing a ruckus to get away. The game’s well-regarded on consoles, so we expect the Mac version to live up to the hype.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?