Valve Portal 2
You loved Valve’s action puzzler Portal back in 2007. You’ve patiently awaited the sequel. Today, the wait’s over: Chell, GLaDOS and the gang are finally back in Portal 2 ($50). Yes, you still have your portal gun. But this time around Aperture Science has been kind enough to load you up with all sorts of new goodies—including tractor beams and special paints—and lets you play with friends, as well.
Other than just creating portals, players have the ability to use special paints that change whatever they touch, such as making a floor springy. New versions of the Weighted Storage Cube also add to the puzzles with deflecting mirrors and other abilities. Two-player mode will put you in the shoes of a pair of robots, each with its own portal gun. You’ll have to work together to get through what are significantly more difficult levels, and you can even play with your PC and PS3 friends. Portal 2 is available on disc, or as a digital download from Steam. Grab your Companion Cubes and get going—and remember, the cake is a lie.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?