Velocity Micro VMultra Drive
For most, Apple’s decision to jettison the optical drive from pretty much all of its computers isn’t a big deal. But we know there are some who still need them, especially on the now SuperDrive-less iMac. VMultra Drive ($200) seems like a pretty intriguing solution for those users. It’s more than just a disc drive; extra inputs and even additional storage are built in too.
Ignore the fact that Velocity Micro is a PC company; we’ve checked with the folks over there and they’ve told us the drive will work with Macs. The bulk of the unit is taken up by the 8x DVD±R/RW burner and reader—those specs are comparable to the ones on Apple’s standalone USB SuperDrive. Turn it to the side and you’ll find a pair of USB 3.0 ports, plus a USB 2.0 port and an SD card slot. The new iMacs still have SD support, but you have to reach around to the back; this seems easier. Finally there’s a 500GB backup drive built-in. It’s a pretty smart accessory.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015