Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4510L
If you’re lucky enough to live in an area with Verizon 4G LTE coverage, the wireless giant now has an accessory that will make your friends jealous. The new 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4510L ($100 on contract, $270 without) is an update to the popular portable Wi-Fi device. It’s everything you’d expect from a MiFi, but ten times as fast, with download speeds up to 12 Mbps.
Just as with previous versions, the 4G LTE MiFi allows up to five devices to connect to Verizon’s network at once over 802.11b/g/n connections—your Mac, your iPad, and your iPod touch can all get cellular data connections on the go, even at the same time. Plus, it’s dead easy to use with no software to install; just turn it on and go. Since it’s backwards compatible with Verizon’s 3G network, you can still use the hotspot even when 4G isn’t available. Verizon is deploying LTE coverage in dozens of new cities this year, so that shouldn’t be a problem for most people by year’s end. Monthly service rates for the device are $50 for 5 GB and $80 for 10 GB, with a $10 per GB overage fee on either.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?