Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4510L
If you’re lucky enough to live in an area with Verizon 4G LTE coverage, the wireless giant now has an accessory that will make your friends jealous. The new 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4510L ($100 on contract, $270 without) is an update to the popular portable Wi-Fi device. It’s everything you’d expect from a MiFi, but ten times as fast, with download speeds up to 12 Mbps.
Just as with previous versions, the 4G LTE MiFi allows up to five devices to connect to Verizon’s network at once over 802.11b/g/n connections—your Mac, your iPad, and your iPod touch can all get cellular data connections on the go, even at the same time. Plus, it’s dead easy to use with no software to install; just turn it on and go. Since it’s backwards compatible with Verizon’s 3G network, you can still use the hotspot even when 4G isn’t available. Verizon is deploying LTE coverage in dozens of new cities this year, so that shouldn’t be a problem for most people by year’s end. Monthly service rates for the device are $50 for 5 GB and $80 for 10 GB, with a $10 per GB overage fee on either.
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?