Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4510L
If you’re lucky enough to live in an area with Verizon 4G LTE coverage, the wireless giant now has an accessory that will make your friends jealous. The new 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4510L ($100 on contract, $270 without) is an update to the popular portable Wi-Fi device. It’s everything you’d expect from a MiFi, but ten times as fast, with download speeds up to 12 Mbps.
Just as with previous versions, the 4G LTE MiFi allows up to five devices to connect to Verizon’s network at once over 802.11b/g/n connections—your Mac, your iPad, and your iPod touch can all get cellular data connections on the go, even at the same time. Plus, it’s dead easy to use with no software to install; just turn it on and go. Since it’s backwards compatible with Verizon’s 3G network, you can still use the hotspot even when 4G isn’t available. Verizon is deploying LTE coverage in dozens of new cities this year, so that shouldn’t be a problem for most people by year’s end. Monthly service rates for the device are $50 for 5 GB and $80 for 10 GB, with a $10 per GB overage fee on either.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015