Verizon Wireless Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4620L
The last time we showcased a Verizon Wireless MiFi unit, the mobile carrier’s 4G LTE network was still in a fledgling state. Fast forward a year, and quite a bit has changed. Verizon has significantly increased its LTE footprint, bringing the super high speeds to 200 cities, with more on the way. Now it’s also updating its hardware with the introduction of the Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4620L ($50 after rebate with contract). Redesigned with a new and detailed status screen, plus buttons to manage connections, the Jetpack retains the same size and shape of the original version—ideal for tossing in any bag or pocket.
Jetpack is capable of the same blazing 40Mbps speeds as its predecessor, but has a few distinct advantages. It doubles the number of devices that can be connected at once from five to ten, assuming that you need a seriously shared connection. Users also have the option of swapping in a larger capacity battery to extend battery life from five hours to eight hours, ideal for business purposes. As always, a contract is required, and Verizon’s 4G plans start at $50 a month for 5 GB.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?