Verizon Wireless Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4620L
The last time we showcased a Verizon Wireless MiFi unit, the mobile carrier’s 4G LTE network was still in a fledgling state. Fast forward a year, and quite a bit has changed. Verizon has significantly increased its LTE footprint, bringing the super high speeds to 200 cities, with more on the way. Now it’s also updating its hardware with the introduction of the Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4620L ($50 after rebate with contract). Redesigned with a new and detailed status screen, plus buttons to manage connections, the Jetpack retains the same size and shape of the original version—ideal for tossing in any bag or pocket.
Jetpack is capable of the same blazing 40Mbps speeds as its predecessor, but has a few distinct advantages. It doubles the number of devices that can be connected at once from five to ten, assuming that you need a seriously shared connection. Users also have the option of swapping in a larger capacity battery to extend battery life from five hours to eight hours, ideal for business purposes. As always, a contract is required, and Verizon’s 4G plans start at $50 a month for 5 GB.
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?