Verizon Wireless Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4620L
The last time we showcased a Verizon Wireless MiFi unit, the mobile carrier’s 4G LTE network was still in a fledgling state. Fast forward a year, and quite a bit has changed. Verizon has significantly increased its LTE footprint, bringing the super high speeds to 200 cities, with more on the way. Now it’s also updating its hardware with the introduction of the Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 4620L ($50 after rebate with contract). Redesigned with a new and detailed status screen, plus buttons to manage connections, the Jetpack retains the same size and shape of the original version—ideal for tossing in any bag or pocket.
Jetpack is capable of the same blazing 40Mbps speeds as its predecessor, but has a few distinct advantages. It doubles the number of devices that can be connected at once from five to ten, assuming that you need a seriously shared connection. Users also have the option of swapping in a larger capacity battery to extend battery life from five hours to eight hours, ideal for business purposes. As always, a contract is required, and Verizon’s 4G plans start at $50 a month for 5 GB.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?