VMware Fusion 7
VMware has announced Fusion 7 ($70), its newest software allowing users to run Windows programs on a Mac. The release is no surprise — every year VMware and Parallels Software release their new virtualizers around the same time, supporting the latest OS X revisions. As expected, Fusion 7 is compatible with OS X Yosemite, featuring enhanced Retina display support, multi-GPU optimizations, and over 40% improvements in both performance and energy utilization compared with Fusion 6. Users upgrading from Fusion 5 or 6 will get a $20 discount.
It’s possible to use specific Windows-only accessories on your Mac with the use of Fusion 7, which requires a minimum of 2GB of RAM (with 4GB or more recommended). The software includes 18 months of e-mail support and built-in video tutorials. Fusion 7 is $10 cheaper than Parallels Software’s Parallels Desktop 10; interested users can trial Fusion 7 for a month at no charge before making a decision.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?