VMware Fusion 7
VMware has announced Fusion 7 ($70), its newest software allowing users to run Windows programs on a Mac. The release is no surprise — every year VMware and Parallels Software release their new virtualizers around the same time, supporting the latest OS X revisions. As expected, Fusion 7 is compatible with OS X Yosemite, featuring enhanced Retina display support, multi-GPU optimizations, and over 40% improvements in both performance and energy utilization compared with Fusion 6. Users upgrading from Fusion 5 or 6 will get a $20 discount.
It’s possible to use specific Windows-only accessories on your Mac with the use of Fusion 7, which requires a minimum of 2GB of RAM (with 4GB or more recommended). The software includes 18 months of e-mail support and built-in video tutorials. Fusion 7 is $10 cheaper than Parallels Software’s Parallels Desktop 10; interested users can trial Fusion 7 for a month at no charge before making a decision.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?