VMware Fusion 7
VMware has announced Fusion 7 ($70), its newest software allowing users to run Windows programs on a Mac. The release is no surprise — every year VMware and Parallels Software release their new virtualizers around the same time, supporting the latest OS X revisions. As expected, Fusion 7 is compatible with OS X Yosemite, featuring enhanced Retina display support, multi-GPU optimizations, and over 40% improvements in both performance and energy utilization compared with Fusion 6. Users upgrading from Fusion 5 or 6 will get a $20 discount.
It’s possible to use specific Windows-only accessories on your Mac with the use of Fusion 7, which requires a minimum of 2GB of RAM (with 4GB or more recommended). The software includes 18 months of e-mail support and built-in video tutorials. Fusion 7 is $10 cheaper than Parallels Software’s Parallels Desktop 10; interested users can trial Fusion 7 for a month at no charge before making a decision.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?