The concept behind Wacom’s Inkling ($199) digital sketch pen set is almost amazingly simple. Using the included pen and receiver, you can draw on whatever paper you’d like, and the sketches will be digitally transferred to your Mac when you’re ready to refine them using your favorite software. For artists (and writers) who like to work in a physical medium at least part of the time, Inkling seems like it’ll be a great option. It’s just like Wacom’s tablets—minus the tablet.
The company includes its own Inkling Sketch Manager software, which can export to Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketchbook, and even supports layers. On the hardware side, we particularly like the charging case that holds the pen, receiver, extra pen ink cartridges, and a USB cable. Both the receiver and pen’s batteries need to be charged, so it’s a convenient way to carry everything around and power it up. We’re hoping the whole thing is just as cool as it sounds when it’s released in a few weeks.
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?