Wacom Intuos5 Professional Pen Tablets
Just announced and released, Wacom’s Intuos5 Professional Pen Tablets ($229-$469) offer evolutions over previous generations of the company’s popular input solutions. Available in three sizes ranging from 24 to 102 square inches of working area, they’ve undergone a redesign that not only looks better, but adds more features too. The big thing Wacom is promoting is Multi-Touch, and while these aren’t the first tablets from the company to incorporate the feature, it’s clear that gesture-based input has become a major focus for these professional products.
Think of Intuos5 as a giant, customizable Magic Trackpad with extra features. It can be used for navigation, but drawing and design apps are the main beneficiaries. Familiar gestures for scrolling, zooming, swiping, and more are available, and there are also customizable options for three, four, or five finger inputs. Creative professionals will appreciate not having to leave their tablets for pretty much anything but typing. The clickable ExpressKeys along the left side have been replaced by touch-sensitive sensors and a wheel, and of course Wacom includes a pen for input too, enabling users to write, draw, and interact with their Macs all from a single surface.
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0