WaterField Designs Trackpad Slip and Trackpad Socket
We’ve spoken highly of Apple’s Magic Trackpad in the past, and with Lion popping up next month, it’s going to become even more indispensable. If your MacBook’s built-in trackpad isn’t enough, you might be wondering how to carry the Magic Trackpad around—you have to keep that pretty glass top safe somehow. WaterField Designs has the answer with its Trackpad Socket ($12) and Trackpad Slip ($25).
Both sleeves work the same way. Slip your Magic Trackpad in the open side and it’s safe and secure, ready for a ride. Trackpad Socket is the budget option of the two. It’s a padded pouch made of soft, scratch-free material. Trackpad Slip takes the design to the next level, as it’s composed of WaterField’s signature ballistic nylon. Along the bottom edge, there’s colored piping for a bit of flare; green, flame, copper, pine, pearl, and black are all options. Updated: We’ve added a couple of pictures of the Trackpad Slip, which feels every bit as nice as it looks in the official photo. The black anti-slip ballistic nylon on the outside feels as if it could resist a knife attack, and the inner padding is soft and fleecy. That little bit of colored piping on the edge is made from ballistic nylon too. Nice.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?