WaterField Designs Trackpad Slip and Trackpad Socket
We’ve spoken highly of Apple’s Magic Trackpad in the past, and with Lion popping up next month, it’s going to become even more indispensable. If your MacBook’s built-in trackpad isn’t enough, you might be wondering how to carry the Magic Trackpad around—you have to keep that pretty glass top safe somehow. WaterField Designs has the answer with its Trackpad Socket ($12) and Trackpad Slip ($25).
Both sleeves work the same way. Slip your Magic Trackpad in the open side and it’s safe and secure, ready for a ride. Trackpad Socket is the budget option of the two. It’s a padded pouch made of soft, scratch-free material. Trackpad Slip takes the design to the next level, as it’s composed of WaterField’s signature ballistic nylon. Along the bottom edge, there’s colored piping for a bit of flare; green, flame, copper, pine, pearl, and black are all options. Updated: We’ve added a couple of pictures of the Trackpad Slip, which feels every bit as nice as it looks in the official photo. The black anti-slip ballistic nylon on the outside feels as if it could resist a knife attack, and the inner padding is soft and fleecy. That little bit of colored piping on the edge is made from ballistic nylon too. Nice.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today