WaterField Designs Trackpad Slip and Trackpad Socket
We’ve spoken highly of Apple’s Magic Trackpad in the past, and with Lion popping up next month, it’s going to become even more indispensable. If your MacBook’s built-in trackpad isn’t enough, you might be wondering how to carry the Magic Trackpad around—you have to keep that pretty glass top safe somehow. WaterField Designs has the answer with its Trackpad Socket ($12) and Trackpad Slip ($25).
Both sleeves work the same way. Slip your Magic Trackpad in the open side and it’s safe and secure, ready for a ride. Trackpad Socket is the budget option of the two. It’s a padded pouch made of soft, scratch-free material. Trackpad Slip takes the design to the next level, as it’s composed of WaterField’s signature ballistic nylon. Along the bottom edge, there’s colored piping for a bit of flare; green, flame, copper, pine, pearl, and black are all options. Updated: We’ve added a couple of pictures of the Trackpad Slip, which feels every bit as nice as it looks in the official photo. The black anti-slip ballistic nylon on the outside feels as if it could resist a knife attack, and the inner padding is soft and fleecy. That little bit of colored piping on the edge is made from ballistic nylon too. Nice.
- Apps of the Week: SimCity BuildIt, Run Sackboy! Run!, Star Wars: Galactic Defense + more
- Trent Reznor working on Apple music project
- Magazine publisher Fleishman explains iOS Newsstand’s failure
- Jony Ive: Apple Watch was a ‘design challenge’
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0