Western Digital My Book VelociRaptor Duo
Yes, a $900 2TB external hard drive strikes us as being a little crazy, but it’s hard to argue with something named after a dinosaur. Along with announcing USB 3.0 updates for some of its portables, Western Digital just launched My Book VelociRaptor Duo, and this thing is as beastly as the name suggests: two 1TB, 10,000 RPM drives are packed inside the enclosure, and a Thunderbolt connection lets you make the most of them.
The drives can be set up in RAID 0, RAID 1, or JBOD modes, depending on your needs. Of course, VelociRaptor Duo supports Time Machine out of the box, though unlike most external disks we see these days, VelociRaptor’s drives are user-servicable and can be swapped at any point. Following all of the Thunderbolt drives we’ve seen so far, you’ll have to add $50 to the price because it doesn’t come with its own cable—double that if you want to daisy chain additional accessories.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?