Western Digital My Book VelociRaptor Duo
Yes, a $900 2TB external hard drive strikes us as being a little crazy, but it’s hard to argue with something named after a dinosaur. Along with announcing USB 3.0 updates for some of its portables, Western Digital just launched My Book VelociRaptor Duo, and this thing is as beastly as the name suggests: two 1TB, 10,000 RPM drives are packed inside the enclosure, and a Thunderbolt connection lets you make the most of them.
The drives can be set up in RAID 0, RAID 1, or JBOD modes, depending on your needs. Of course, VelociRaptor Duo supports Time Machine out of the box, though unlike most external disks we see these days, VelociRaptor’s drives are user-servicable and can be swapped at any point. Following all of the Thunderbolt drives we’ve seen so far, you’ll have to add $50 to the price because it doesn’t come with its own cable—double that if you want to daisy chain additional accessories.
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?