Western Digital My Book VelociRaptor Duo
Yes, a $900 2TB external hard drive strikes us as being a little crazy, but it’s hard to argue with something named after a dinosaur. Along with announcing USB 3.0 updates for some of its portables, Western Digital just launched My Book VelociRaptor Duo, and this thing is as beastly as the name suggests: two 1TB, 10,000 RPM drives are packed inside the enclosure, and a Thunderbolt connection lets you make the most of them.
The drives can be set up in RAID 0, RAID 1, or JBOD modes, depending on your needs. Of course, VelociRaptor Duo supports Time Machine out of the box, though unlike most external disks we see these days, VelociRaptor’s drives are user-servicable and can be swapped at any point. Following all of the Thunderbolt drives we’ve seen so far, you’ll have to add $50 to the price because it doesn’t come with its own cable—double that if you want to daisy chain additional accessories.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?