Western Digital My Book VelociRaptor Duo
Yes, a $900 2TB external hard drive strikes us as being a little crazy, but it’s hard to argue with something named after a dinosaur. Along with announcing USB 3.0 updates for some of its portables, Western Digital just launched My Book VelociRaptor Duo, and this thing is as beastly as the name suggests: two 1TB, 10,000 RPM drives are packed inside the enclosure, and a Thunderbolt connection lets you make the most of them.
The drives can be set up in RAID 0, RAID 1, or JBOD modes, depending on your needs. Of course, VelociRaptor Duo supports Time Machine out of the box, though unlike most external disks we see these days, VelociRaptor’s drives are user-servicable and can be swapped at any point. Following all of the Thunderbolt drives we’ve seen so far, you’ll have to add $50 to the price because it doesn’t come with its own cable—double that if you want to daisy chain additional accessories.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?