Western Digital My Cloud Mirror
Hard drive manufacturers are no longer content to simply throw a spinning disk in a box with a USB port—they continue to add features and functionality, making external hard drives more than just simple storage devices. Take My Cloud Mirror ($350-$550), the newest drive from Western Digital. Like some other competitors, it incorporates network functionality, and can make its data accessible anywhere at any time. That’s why it’s billed as “a cloud of your own.”
Coming in 4TB, 6TB, and 8TB capacities—there’s a $100 price difference with each step up—My Cloud Mirror actually houses two separate hard drives, set up in a RAID 1 array. This means your data is redundant, in case one of the drives fails. Plug in an Ethernet cable, and all your data becomes accessible over the web, on Macs, iPads, iPhones, and more. There are even two USB expansion ports, allowing you to add on your own drives for extra storage space.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015